Friday, September 19, 2008

Letterboxing


Have you heard of Letterboxing? I hadn't until last year when I read about it in a Family Fun Magazine. Similar to Geocashing but not techy at all, people "plant" containers in various places that hold a small notebook, a rubberstamp and a pen. You need to go onto one of the letterboxing sites (letterboxing.org or atlasquest.org) to find clues to the different spots.
My boys and I went out the other day to do some letterboxing at the shore, there is something magical about the beach in September. I can't quite put my finger on it but it is certainly cool. We went to several places, one in particular was beautiful, an unprotected beach in Stone Harbor.
I think one other reason I hate to see summer go is that it is a reminder that another page in my kids lives has turned, another part of childhood magic fades away. I am so thankful that I am able to spend this time with them, honestly if it wasn't for my Avon business none of this would have been. Who knew selling lipstick would make for such wonderful memories!
www.youravon.com/tslowinski

No comments: